How to the Famous Chicken Manchow Soup of Meghalaya in an Easy Way
Those who have visited the northeast Indian know how good the chicken Manchow soup is. Originated in the state of Meghalaya in India, this soup will provide you with an authentic flavour of the seven sisters of India. The chicken Manchow soup is filled with nutritional benefits and if you are someone who cares for the nutritional aspect of the food then you should not miss this. Very few dishes can serve you with both nutrition and taste. Fortunately, the chicken Manchow soup is one of those recipes.
The Popularity of Chicken Manchow Soup
The popularity of the chicken Manchow soup is not only limited to India but also all over the world. One of the reasons for that is the sheer taste of the soup. The way chicken is used in this soup is wonderful. The aromatic flavours of the soup will surely touch your hearts and thus, it is no wonder why this soup is so much popular.
Taste and Flavour of Chicken Manchow Soup
The taste of the chicken Manchow soup will be a bit spicier especially because it is a food from the north-eastern part of India. So, if you don’t like spicy foods then you could have a bit of a problem in eating it but that too for the first of second gulp. After that, you will feel your taste buds devouring in the divine taste of this soup. The flavours of this soup are very well balanced and mild.
The Specialty of Chicken Manchow Soup
The speciality of the chicken Manchow soup is the way it can generate heat in your body. If you belong from the colder parts of the world then this is a soup that you should definitely try because it is the ideal soup for such a climate. Also, you are getting a plethora of nutritional benefits. Therefore, the chicken Manchow soup is a dish you must prepare in your house.
Serving and Presentation of Chicken Manchow Soup
The chicken Manchow soup should be garnished with spring onions. The spring onions will make the soup look beautiful. Also, when it comes to the serving of the soup, you should be serving it with fried noodles because then you will be able to absorb those flavours into your mouth.
How to Prepare Chicken Manchow Soup
Apparently, it might seem that cooking the chicken Manchow soup is a tough ask but eventually, you will find out that it is a very simple dish to cook. Have the ingredient at your arm’s length. So, you will not have to spend a lot of time cooking this recipe.
Chicken Manchow Soup
Chicken Manchow Soup in the Easiest Way
The chicken Manchow soup can be cooked in literally no time. So, if you are always in a hurry when it comes to cooking and still want to have something healthy and tasty to eat then this soup becomes of the ideal recipes that you can cook.
- Chicken boiled and shredded - 1/2 cup
- Carrot chopped - 1/2 cup chopped
- French Beans - 1/2 cup chopped
- Capsicum - 1/4 cup chopped
- Green Peas - 1/4 cup chopped
- Mushroom - 1/4 cup sliced
- Spring Onions - 1/2 cup chopped
- Cabbage - 1/2 cup shredded
- Ajinomoto - 1/4 teaspoon
- Celery - 1 teaspoon
- Green Chillies - 1 teaspoon finely chopped
- Ginger - 1 tablespoon finely chopped
- Garlic - 1 tablespoon finely chopped
- Chicken Broth - 1 can or Chicken Seasoning - 1 cube
- Soya Sauce - 2 tablespoon
- Pepper Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Corn Starch - 3 tablespoon
- Boiled Shrimp (optional) - 1/4 cup
- Salt - as per taste
- (also baby corns or corn can be added to the vegetables)
How to make
Take a pan and heat oil in it.
Add chillies, ginger, and garlic to fry it.
Add celery and fry on a high flame for about two minutes.
Now add vegetables to stir fry around two minutes.
Add chicken broth and water according to the thickness wanted.
Add pepper powder, Ajinomoto, soya sauce, chicken, and shrimp.
Bring the mixture to a boil.
Reduce the heat and add corn starch.
Stir the soup properly so that it gets thick.
Adjust the thickness as per your need.
Remove the pan from oven.
Garnish the soup with spring onions.
The chicken Manchow soup is ready to be served.
Serve hot chicken Manchow soup along with fried noodles.
- If you want to make the chicken Manchow soup spicier then add more green chillies or chilli sauce.
- To adjust the thickness of the soup, keep in mind the amount of corn starch you are adding.
- Sugar is added in this recipe just to balance the flavours.
- Here, dark soy sauce is used. If you are using light soy sauce then you have to add more.
- Keep in mind that the vegetables should not get over at any cost.
- Also, you can choose to add mushrooms, red capsicums, beans, onions if you wish.
- If you add coriander leaves then it will give the recipes a different dimension.
Nutritional Value of Chicken Manchow Soup
- Calories 543.8
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 85.7 mg
- Sodium 5,664.3 mg
- Potassium 1,681.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 33.5 g
- Vitamin A 27.8 %
- Vitamin B-12 8.0 %
- Vitamin B-6 44.6 %
- Vitamin C 99.1 %
- Vitamin D 0.0 %
- Vitamin E 8.5 %
- Calcium 12.2 %
So, that is the famous chicken Manchow soup. This popular northeast Indian soup will be a real treat for your taste buds to savour. If you cook the chicken Manchow soup in this way then you will be able to have praise from your friends and family members after they devour the taste of this soup. So, you should definitely try to cook this mouth-watering and lip-smacking dish.