Cook Tom Yam Soup in the Easiest Manner in No Time
The tom yam soup is one of the most delicious Thai soups that you can ever have. The combination of flavours will give your taste buds some of the most incredible times. The shrimp, the fish sauce, the soy sauce, everything combines to make a brilliant dish. Having this soup on your dinner platter will make you go wow. Not only you but your family members will also love this awesome dish. The tom yam soup could be a complex dish, However, let’s simplify this dish so that you can easily cook it and have a great time with your family.
The Popularity of Tom Yam Soup
The tom yam soup is a popular Thai soup. However, its popularity is not only limited to the shores of Thailand, but it is popular all over the world. Those who have visited Thailand or have known Thai food must have at least tried the tom yam soup once. It is that much addictive soup that you would want to have it time and time again. Because of this exquisite taste, the tom yam soup has gained recognition worldwide.
Taste and Flavour of Tom Yam Soup
The lemongrass and fish sauce provides the dominating flavours of this soup along with the coconut milk. All the ingredients which are included in this soup are complements with each other and the flavour becomes a culmination of all the ingredients included. You can adjust the creaminess of the dish with the amount of coconut milk you add.
The Specialty of Tom Yam Soup
The speciality of the tom yam soup is the way it combines the contrasting flavours. The shrimp you add along with fish sauce gives the dish a strong flavour. But to balance it up, you will add lemongrass. Also, other vegetables will absorb the dominating flavours wonderfully making it a wonderful combination.
Serving and Presentation of Tom Yam Soup
The best part about cooking tom yam soup is you will not have to think too much on the serving and presentation. Mostly you would want to eat this as a side dish. This is the traditional way of eating tom yam soup. However, if you are a westerner then you can go for it solely. But, the best way to enjoy tom yam soup is by having it with boiled rice.
How to Prepare Tom Yam Soup
The preparation of tom yam soup could be a bit complex because you have to arrange so many ingredients. However, if you can somehow manage to arrange them then this soup is one of the easier recipes to cook. Nonetheless, the main part is still arranging the ingredients according to the proportion and using them at the proper time.
Tom Yam Soup
Tom Yam Soup in the Easiest Way
The tom yam soup can be cooked easily. That is what you will learn by reading below. You will be able to cook tom yam soup in no time. You can rest assured if you cook this recipe and share it with your friends, you will get praise from them.
- 12 to 14 medium or 8 to 10 large shrimp, raw, shells can be left on or removed
- 6 cups of chicken stock
- 1 stalk of finely minced lemongrass lower 1/3
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons of minced onion
- 6 teaspoons of galangal or ginger
- 3 leaves of kaffir lime or bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice or lemon juice
- 1 to 1/2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 thickly sliced carrot
- 1 to 2 cups of shiitake mushrooms
- 1 small size zucchini which is sliced into half-moons
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes which are sliced in half
- 1/4 to 1/3 can of coconut milk which adds something to overall taste)
- 1 teaspoon of chilli oil
- 1/3 cup of fresh coriander
- Brown sugar (Optional and as per taste)
- Crushed chilli pepper flakes (Optional and as per taste)
How to make
Take a cooking pot and lit up the oven.
Add lemongrass and boil for 5 to 6 minutes until it gets soft.
Add onion, garlic, ginger, lime leaves or bay leaves.
Also, add fish sauce, soy sauce, lemon juice or lime, and carrots.
Continue to boil at a low flame for another 5 minutes.
Add shrimp and cook for 3 minutes till it gets pink.
Lower the flame, and add one-fourth coconut milk and more fish sauce as per your taste.
The tom yam soup is ready to be served now.
Serve the tom yam soup with boiled.
- The tom yam soup is meant to be eaten as a side dish with something else.
- If you are a westerner then you could go for eating solely the soup, but that is not the classic way of having tom yam soup.
- The traditional way of having tom yam soup is with boiled rice.
- In order to make the tom yam soup spicier, you can add more chilli.
- If the tom yam soup turns out to be saltier, add more lime juice.
- To make the soup creamier, add more coconut milk.
Nutritional Value of Tom Yam Soup
- Calories 87.3
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2,070.7 mg
- Potassium 880.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 11.4 g
- Vitamin A 3.7%
- Vitamin B-12 1.1%
- Vitamin B-6 11.0%
- Vitamin C 10.0%
- Vitamin D 10.8%
- Vitamin E 0.7%
- Calcium 41.0%
So, if you want to have the most delicious tom yam soup for your dinner then follow these processes as indicated above. By following them properly, you will be able to cook the tastiest tom yam soup ever. You can rest assured the ones who eat it will not be able to control themselves from praising your cooking skills.